This article is designed to help you understand Microsoft Teams Meeting, Features, Pricing and as well as how to set up for first users. In essences, you will be learning all that is needed to set up a meeting, join a meeting and at same time share files.
Should the above description fits into what you are looking for, kindly hand on as you are going to get a well detailed guide.
An Overview of Microsoft Teams Meetings
Meetings in Teams include the ability to share audio, video, and screen sharing. These are just some of the few ways to collaborate in Teams. The best bate is that you don’t need to be a member of an organization (or even have a Teams account!) to join a Teams meeting. All you need do is to just look in the invitation for instructions about calling in.
How Do I Set Up a Microsoft Team Meetings
The Microsoft Teams Meeting basically have two ways on how to set it up. The first step is through their official Application or through Microsoft Outlook. What you should bear in mind is that the meeting experience and features looks exactly the same in both platform. You can decide which you want to use based on what makes the most sense to your company.
After deciding on which platform to set up Team Meeting, the next thing is to lunch your meeting. Currently, there are 3 ways that you can start a discussion with your team and they are:
- Ad-hoc Teams Meetings
This kind of meeting is done by clicking the “Meet Now” button to get everyone involved in a conversation as fast as possible. Like the name applies, it best suits emergency times.
- Private Teams Meetings
This is best suited for meeting specific colleagues or employees. Like the name implies, it is mostly within a selected group of people keeping private tabs.
- Channel Teams Meetings
Channel meeting is usually set up to involve what they call group conversations with large number of staffs of team.
How Do I Schedule a meeting on Teams
Scheduling a meeting on teams can either be done on Desktop or on Mobile. So, we shall be dealing with them individually.
Scheduling a meeting on Desktop
The first thing you need to note is that Your Teams calendar is linked to your Exchange calendar. So whenever, you schedule a meeting in Outlook, it’ll show up in Teams, and vice versa.
Below are the ways to schedule a a meeting in Teams:
- Go to you Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Click on the Schedule a meeting button in a chat to book a meeting with the people in the chat. (This is below the box where you type a new message)
- The next step is to navigate to Calendar Meetings Button on the left side of the app and select New meeting in the top right corner.
- Chose a range of time in the calendar and a scheduling form will immediately pop open. ( The scheduling form is a form which helps you to enter a meeting a title, invite people, and add meeting details.) For better result, we insist that you use the use the Scheduling Assistant to find a time that works for everyone.
- Finally, Click on Save as soon as you are done filling out the details. This will close the scheduling form and send an invite to everyone’s Outlook inbox.
Note however that the above process are for instances where the people you are scheduling the meeting for are within your organisation.
Inviting Persons Outsides your Organisation
To invite persons who are not in your organization, including those who don’t have a Teams license, you will be needing their full email address to invite them.
- Go to where it says Add required attendees. If anyone is an optional attendee, select Optional instead.
- Type the person’s full email address (ex: Joe@example.com).
- Select Invite. They’ll receive an email with a link to the meeting.
Scheduling a Meeting on Mobile
To schedule a meeting in mobile, follow the guides below:
- Go to Calendar Meetings button on the bottom of the app
- Select Schedule a meeting button in the top right.
- Go to Add participants button and select the people you’d like to invite.
- Next, go to Share to a channel:
- If you want have your meeting in a channel, select the appropriate channel.
- If you’d rather not, skip it.
- Then, set start and end times and write a description for the event.
- Finally, select Done to schedule your meeting.
How to Join Teams Meeting
With teams, you can join meetings anytime, anywhere, from any device. We shall be discussing how to join from your Desktop as well as how to join from your Mobile device.
Note that there are number of ways to join a meeting in teams and they includes joining by link, from your calendar, and more.
Note further, that if you are having difficulties, joining from the App or the web, some meetings let you call in using a phone number.
Joining from Desktop
The guides below are all the steps you need to take to connect teams meeting on desktop.
Join by Link on Desktop
- Joining by link involves you to click on the meeting invite link sent to you.
- You will be taken to a page that will prompt you to choose to join from web or download the Desktop App.
- Note that if you already have the App installed in your desktop, the meeting will automatically continue in your App.
- If you don’t have a Teams account and the organizer has set such permissions, you may have the option to enter your name to join the meeting as a guest.
- However, you may decide to select Sign in to join with access to the meeting chat if you do have a Teams account.
- Alternatively, depending on the organizer’s permissions and settings, you may join the meeting right away or head to the lobby tab where people in the meeting can admit you manually.
Join from your Calendar on Desktop
- Select Calendar on the left side of the app to see your meetings.
- Locate the meeting you want, and then select Join.
- Or, if someone else have initiated the meeting, you’ll get a notification you can use to join.
Join from a Channel on Desktop
- If a meeting takes place in a channel, you’ll see an invitation to join, relevant content, and who’s in the meeting right in the channel.
- Just select Join.
Join from Chat on Desktop
- Where the meeting has already begun, it appears in your recent chat list.
- Select the meeting in your chat list
- Then select Join at the top of the chat to join meeting.
Call in to Join Meeting
- If you’re unable to use the Teams app or Teams on the web, you can join some meetings by calling a phone number.
- If there’s a phone number and conference ID in the meeting invite, just dial the number to join.
- The number in your invitation may not be local to you. Just select Local numbers to find one that is and call that one to join.
Joining Teams Meeting on Mobile
There are quite a number of ways to join a Teams meeting from a mobile device. in this article, we shall present links for you to learn more.
- Join by link
- Join from calendar
- Connecting or joining from a notification
- Join in a channel
- Join from chat
- Dial in
What is the Cost of Using Microsoft Teams Meeting? – Free Plan
Team is a paid software. It is available to perosns who have purchased Office 365 Account on the following license plans:
- Business Essentials,
- Business Premium,
- Enterprise E1, E3 or E5.
The price or licence that cost the lowest is the Business Essentials.This cost a total of $5 for each user per month on an annual basis. Also the most expensive is the Enterprise 5 licence which costs $35 for each person per month.
Note also that all subscriptions and license comes with access to a range of additional Microsoft applications, as well as security and compliance features within Office 365.
Thank you for reading this article today on Microsoft Teams Meeting. We sincerely hope it was helpful to you. For more information or comments, please do make use of the comment box below: