Microsoft Dynamics for CRM: What is Microsoft Dynamics 365
To understand what is Microsoft Dynamics 365 is all about, you must first understand what is CRM. Crm is an acronym for customer relationship management it is a kind of integrated data-driven software that is used to interact and do business with your customers in essence it helps you understand your customer discuss with them and offers specialized and personalized services to them. you will agree with me that customer service relationship is the bin of all business without a good customer service relationship your business is bound to flop that is why Microsoft has come up with a unique and distance customer service relationship software called the Dynamics 365.
According to Microsoft, Microsoft Dynamics customer service relationship system is designed to manage and maintain customer relationship it will also help you track sales generate leads give the option for marketing and pipelines and it will also deliver actionable data’s.
Furthermore in this article we shall be discussing all that pertains to Dynamics 365, starting from the following:
- An Overview of of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Why you need a customer service solution.
- How to get started with Dynamics 365 and lots more.
- Pricing Structure and Free Trail Account Set up
So, if this article looks like what you’re looking for then continue reading which shall go straight to the point in delivering the content of this article.
An Overview of Microsoft Dynamics 365
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 is designed to offer integrated solutions which makes it possible to for business to do the following task:
- Track leads
- Automate field service
- Drive sales
- Improve operations using mobile, enterprise-ready business apps from the cloud.
It comes with a built in tools that will grow your sales, expand your marketing curve, improve customer relationship management (CRM), project management, project service automation, marketing automation, sales forecasting, financial tracking and lots more.
Most importantly, Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides supporting applications for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone users. These application help your team to access and synchronize data offline.
Finally, the centerpiece of the CRM software is go give your team the needed resources to gain Customer insights, Interactive tracking and more. It also stores customers profiles with information on previous interactions, as well as smart assist technology and scripting tools so as to offer an better customer experience.
Why use Dynamics 365 for CRM?
Microsoft is a trusted brand as you may already know. They don’t just deploy any solution into the marketing without market survey and how to solve existing problem. That is exactly what Dynamics 365 offers. With Dynamic 365, you get CRM software that works as a customizable, flexible solution designed to suit your business requirements.
It also help you to select an independent and stand-alone application that fits your business goals and needs. Or you can use multiple CRM tools that work together as a powerful integrated solution.
Furthermore, according to a review by Powerobjects.com, A customer stated as of the Microsoft Dynamics for CRM follows:
I have tried other CRM’s in my career but none of them come close. The future of this product is incredibly bright and the cost to entry is so low that there is no reason not to give it a shot if you think it can help you. The Microsoft account management team will work with you to find the right fit for your needs and set you up for success.
This is a five star review and rating to boast your moral and wet your appetite!
Microsoft dynamics 365 Pricing and Free Trial
To learn about the pricing structure of Dynamics 365, you must first understand that Dynamics 365 is integrated with lots of application. So the pricing structure depends on which integrated application you choose.
Below are the the integrated applications and pricing:
Microsoft Relationship Sales
Real Customer Service Insights
Virtual Agent for Customer Service
Supply Chain Management
Project Service Automation
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Free Trial
Discover how Dynamics 365 can change your business in a go with the free trail version.
- The first thing is to go to official Free Trial Page of Dynamics 365
- Choose an app to explore how Dynamics 365 can help you transform your business.
- Enter your work email address in the field provided ( Note that if you enetr a personal email, you will be redirected to enter a valid email.
- Also enter your Phone number in the specified field.
- Finally, click on light blue Get Started Button to continue
You will be redirected to another page. All you need to do is to carefully follow the on screen prompts and complete your sign up processes.
However, if you are having issues using the method above, you could try using this method. This other method is lot easier and straight to the point.
Follow the steps below to sign up for a trial of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
- Go to the Dynamics 365 trial sign-up page.
- On the Dynamics CRM trial sign-up page, select and provide the following details;
- The country where you reside,
- Provide your contact information and language.
- Select an organization size, such as “25-49 people”.
- Then click Just one more step link to continue.
- The next step is to create your user ID:
- Choose a username and Password ( This what you will use to access your Dynamics CRM Online trial once it has been set up) Note also that your username will be in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org)
- When you are done, Click Create my account to continue
- You will receive a text message from Microsoft. Enter the verification code and click Next:
- The trial page will immediately start processing your request. When it completes, Click the Set up link to continue:
- On The following page, be sure to check None of these. Don’t customize my trial, then click Complete Setup.
- Lastly, when you click the link, you will be redirected to your new CRM Online trial page, which will have some sample data already installed. You should see the the navigation options at the top that let you access all the areas of CRM, including Sales, Marketing, Service, Settings and the Help area.
That will be all.
Helpful and Additional Links
- Is Dynamics 365 Right for You?
- Learn More Concerning Microsoft Dynamics for CRM
- Dynamics 365 Resources
- Join Community
- Watch Out For Product Updates
Finally, thank you for reading this article today on the Microsoft Dynamics for CRM. We hope it was helpful to you. For more information or contributions, please feel free to make use of the comment box below: